The Logistics Sales Executive is responsible for growing the customer base within our core competencies. The role is responsible for generating new business, managing customer and carrier relationships, and ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded across all business units. The individual should be a highly motivated customer sales representative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Locate and Secure New Accounts
- Quote and Secure Freight
- Maintain Customer and Carrier Relationships
Duty 1: Locate and Secure New Revenue Accounts
- Prospect new customers through cold calls and referrals
- Conduct customer research
- Monitor changing market conditions and competitor activities along with developing actions plans
Duty 2: Quote and Secure Freight
- Secure revenue using referrals, leads and cold calls
- Use load service boards to determine rates and optimize margin
- Build relationships with customers to secure predictable, repeatable revenue
- Coordinate the operation of carrier pick-up and delivery of freight
Duty 3: Maintain Customer and Carrier Relationships
- Conduct business reviews with current customers and identify opportunities to improve service and sales
- Onboard and maintain carrier base to fulfill customers’ needs
- Validate carrier profile and history to conform with MVP vendor/carrier requirements
- Develop and build relationships with MVP to optimize carrier network and margins
- Previous experience in truckload brokerage and operations preferred
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with MVP team, carriers, and customers
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Logistics and supply chain knowledge
- 2+ years proven sales experience
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook related programs
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic, including a positive demeanor at all times.
- This position typically works indoors in an office environment but will be exposed to a warehouse and trucking environment on regular basis.
- Some travel may be required
Physical Requirements (ability to meet the following physical requirements):
- A variety of standing, sitting, driving and walking throughout the day.
- Moderate travel to external customers and vendors as well as other company locations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.