The Account Manager is responsible for growing a portfolio of existing accounts as well as supporting the onboarding of new accounts. The Account Manager will develop and implement sales plans and forecasts to achieve objectives for growth and profitability for the assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Develop and expand relationships with accounts including a deep understanding of client’s supply chain.
- Organize and lead business reviews with customers discussing past performance, current issues, and opportunities as well as status on long term plan and deliverables.
- Develop and update account plans and ensure goals, deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Develop supply chain / logistics solutions for clients that will create value for the client short and long term.
- Responsible for problem resolution for any accounts assigned.
- Identify and qualify opportunities for additional business.
- Lead internal cross-functional team developing solutions for opportunities and present to account.
- Establish operating procedures for accounts assigned and make changes when needed, train internal staff and members of customer’s team in processes.
- Ownership of and accountability to revenue projections for individual accounts and complete portfolio.
- Actively drive successful customer onboarding across departments within MVP.
- Lead customer projects across organization in coordination with customer to meet service requirements.
- Negotiate pricing and service level agreements with clients.
- +2 years of relevant business development experience in a company selling service solutions, preferably from a freight, consulting or a third party logistics company.
- Excellent operational finance skills (rate development, warehouse and distribution pricing, operating statements, financial solutions).
- Proven ability in strategy development and program implementation.
- Strong industry experience with specific knowledge of LTL freight, warehousing and distribution and supportive technologies.
- Experience in negotiating customer contracts and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability closing business and organic growth of existing accounts.
- Experience in managing external providers of services and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A self-motivator and a self-learner with a strong drive.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including diplomacy and tact a must.
- Bachelor’s degree.