Responsible for locating, growing and maintaining revenue levels that support the growth goals of the company.
- Locate and secure new accounts utilizing all MVP Solutions
- Maintain customer relationships of existing and new accounts
- Lead onboarding process and customer expectations
- Achieve assigned revenue and margin goals
- Collaborate with all departments within the organization
Duty 1: Manage carrier operations
- Create routing guides for customer service
- Audit invoice charges and settle disputes
- Review carrier reports, invoices and KPI’s for customers
- Carrier onboarding and maintenance updates
- Set KPI’s for carriers and review carrier performance
Duty 2: Review and negotiate pricing
- Analyze carrier routings to improve costs
- Analyze quotes from carriers for customers along with collaborating to determine pricing for customer
- Coordinate with parcel carriers for pricing and KPI reporting
- Gather and analyze request for price (RFP) customer information for carriers
- Collaborate with IT to create reports to analyze pricing
Duty 3: Develop and maintain carrier relationships
- Send RFP request to carriers for customer specific price, run rate quotes under different scenarios, put together documents for bidding
- Set KPI for carriers and review carrier performance
- File claims with carrier and follow up on status
- Develop all carrier relationships to a partnership level
Duty 4: Consult, set-up and review carriers for customers
- Design supply chain structure and collaborate for presentation with customers
- Request for price (RFP) research and development along with analysis for customers
- Call report entries for organization visibility
- LTL pricing experience
- National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) understanding
- Analytical skills
- Transportation Management System (TMS) knowledge
- LTL and small package performance carrier knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- 4-year degree in related field
- This position typically works indoors in an office environment but will be exposed to a warehouse and trucking environment on regular basis.
- Some travel may be required
Physical Requirements (ability to meet the following physical requirements):
- A variety of standing, sitting, driving and walking throughout the day.
- Moderate travel to external customers and vendors as well as other company locations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.