MVP Logistics is committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers.
Since our company was established in 2007, we have seen significant growth and have elevated expectations to keep that pace. Our promise to our team is to provide an opportunity for growth in a supportive and collaborative environment. Here, your opinions matter.
As an Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for new customer setup, collections, cash receipt application, and activities related to supporting the accounting department. Collaborate with the accounting team in developing and improving process within department to enhance proficiency and accuracy.
You Are a Great Fit for Our Team If You
- Have an associate degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Business or if you have prior accounting experience
- Are a spreadsheet wizard with Microsoft Excel, especially with pivot tables
- Represent yourself in a professional manner in all methods of communication
- Can navigate how to use credit reporting services
- Stay on top of your calendar with time management skills
- Type at a rate of 70 wpm or more with 10-key capability
- Have a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Support your team with flexibility, approachability, and positivity
A Day at The Office for You Would Include
Process Accounts Receivable Transactions and Apply Cash
- Send invoices and appropriate back up to customers
- Monitor AR inbox for timely communication with customers and escalate any AR issues with Accounting Manager
- Apply Cash and ACH payments daily
- Research and answer questions from customers and accounting staff regarding customer invoicing and payments
- Create AR Aging reports and meet with leadership and internal stakeholders once a week to discuss open receivables
- Send out customer past due statements and make proactive collection calls based off AR aging report
Pay Vendors Accurately and on Time
- Organize incoming invoices for payment
- Accurately enter invoices information into software
- Create checks for invoices as directed by management
- Match checks to invoice back up and send to customers
- Research and answer questions from vendors and accounting staff regarding accounts payable
Set up new vendor and customer accounts
- Set up new payable vendors within software
- Set up new customers within software
- Assist with research and follow up on any missing information required for set up
Assist others with invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other duties
- As a backup or during busy periods, invoice other customers, organize, enter, and pay vendor invoices, apply cash received to customer accounts, and perform other duties as assigned. This role will provide back up to the two staff accounts at MVP and will have the ability to see and be a part of many of the accounting processes.
Manage accounting phone calls
- Answer any incoming accounting phone calls and assist caller with their inquires or transfer to appropriate accounting staff.
- Take messages and follow up on any questions that cannot be answered on the phone or need additional research
- If voice messages come in follow up or send to the appropriate accounting staff.
We Are a Great Fit If You
- Have the desire to work with an organization where you can explore and develop skills to progress in your career path
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy working with a team of people who like to laugh, but are also driven to execute and perform
- Keep a positive outlook, an open mind and work with others to promote a strong team
- Like a casual work environment
- Want to work with a company that wants you to win
- Seek a people-first work culture
- Thrive on competition
- Want to work for a company committed to and investing in growth
With Us You Will Receive
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid time off
- 401k with company match
- Casual dress code
- Quality company swag you will enjoy wearing to work
- On the job paid training for career advancement
- An office where you see the Executives daily and they know you by name
- Frequent team member appreciation activities including recognition, giveaways, company events, lunches, and more.